Whether you attend church regularly or have never set foot in a church of any kind, The Pentecostals of Kentwood is an exciting place to be. The things that are meaningful to God are the things that are meaningful to us – and that includes the chance to know you and help you know the Lord better and more deeply.
Through vibrant worship, relevant preaching and teaching from the Bible and an attitude of love, The Pentecostals of Kentwood strive to help people lead authentic Christian lives in a world of rapidly shifting values. We walk together, helping each other understand God’s Word and the lives God wants us to live.
What you can expect to experience in our services…
- We raise our hands because 1 Timothy 2:8close1 Timothy 2:8 8 I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling. . . . (ESV) says, “I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands.”
- We clap our hands because Psalm 47:1closePsalm 47:1
To the choirmaster. A Psalm of the Sons of Korah.
47:1 Clap your hands, all peoples!
Shout to God with loud songs of joy! (ESV) says, “O clap your hands, all ye people.”
- We sing and play music because Ephesians 5:19closeEphesians 5:19
19 Addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart. . . . (ESV)
says to worship “in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord,” and Psalm 150closePsalm 150
150:1 Praise the Lord!
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens!
2 Praise him for his mighty deeds;
praise him according to his excellent greatness! 3 Praise him with trumpet sound;
praise him with lute and harp!
4 Praise him with tambourine and dance;
praise him with strings and pipe!
5 Praise him with sounding cymbals;
praise him with loud clashing cymbals!
6 Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord! (ESV) says to praise God with musical instruments.
- We worship with a joyful noise because Psalm 66:1closePsalm 66:1 To the choirmaster. A Song. A Psalm. 66:1 Shout for joy to God, all the earth. . . . (ESV) says, “Make a joyful noise unto God, all ye lands.”
- We pray aloud because the early church “lifted up their voice to God with one accord” in prayer (Acts 4:24closeActs 4:24 24 And when they heard it, they lifted their voices together to God and said, “Sovereign Lord, who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and everything in them. . . .” (ESV) ).
- We dance in the Spirit because Psalm 149:3closePsalm 149:3
3 Let them praise his name with dancing,
making melody to him with tambourine and lyre! (ESV) says, “Let them praise his name in the dance.”
- We include testimonials, teaching, preaching, and spiritual gifts because 1 Corinthians 14:26close1 Corinthians 14:26 26 What then, brothers? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for building up. (ESV) says, “Whenever you come together, each of you has a psalm, has a teaching, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation” (NKJV).