The All and All
Seeing the Full Spectrum
Pray together for the group meeting, and any pressing needs within the group.
Each week you’ll spend some time reviewing the previous week’s lesson. Did anything happen last week that brought the lesson to mind, and what did you learn from it?
Watch the following discussion-starter video. It’ll set the topic of discussion for the group.
Read: 1 Corinthians 13:1-13.
- One person will first read the scripture selection in the King James Version.
- Next, another person will read the same passages in a modern language or amplified version for more clarity such as the New Living Translation (NLT), Message Bible (MSG), New English Translation (NET), Amplified Bible (AMP), etc. We recommend using the YouVersion Bible app.
- One person will begin retelling the scripture passage in their own words (a new person to start each week is great!) Then…
- As a group, work together to fill in gaps and build the story. This will help us internalize and own it. Be sure everyone participates.
Together, share around the group how the topic and scripture setting applies to your life personally. Here are some thoughts to consider for discussion… don’t let the discussion stop here, though… what questions can you ask that will help uncover God’s message?
📚Knowledge, 💡Understanding and ⚡️Wisdom
What is Charity?
- 📚How many discrete attributes of God can you name? (Compile a list as a group).
- 📚How many fruit of the spirit are there? ( trick question).
- 💡What is the difference between Charity in our scripture and the Fruit of the spirit?
- 💡Are there Christ like things we should do that exist in the spaces between these things?
- ⚡️Does doing all these things seem easy or hard to you?
What is light?
- 📚What is the “electromagnetic spectrum”? (people can google this).
- 📚How many names are there for the different regions of the spectrum?
- 💡If the spectrum is all one spectrum why do we put names to different regions?
- 💡When we think of God being light: how does the fact that the electromagnetic spectrum spans frequency ranges as small as waves that would fit inside of an atom and as large as waves that would span the entire universe reflect the Infinity of God?
- 💡If the fruit has many parts but is one whole, and the Gifts are many, but from one spirit, and God has many attributes but is One God how are all these thing (Fruit, Gifts, God) part of a single whole? the all in all?
- ⚡️Can a mortal, fallible, human being perceive the full spectrum of God’s wisdom? If this is not possible then how can a person minister in this wisdom?
What does it mean to Believe, Hope and Endure all things?
- 📚Does this mean we are gullible? Why Not?
- 📚What does it take to hope in the midst of, or when facing all things?
- 📚What does it mean to believe in the midst of, or when facing all things?
- 💡Am I limited in what I do to what I am able to do?
- ⚡️Can we ever do all the pieces of wisdom on our own? What about all that is in between the pieces?
What is the All in All?
- 📚If God is more then the sum of all His attributes, why do we name different aspects of Him?
- 📚In our previous discussion we have seen many attributes needed for wisdom: hospitality, selflessness, taking time to know what is important to someone, humility, seeing the higher purpose, seeing past the circumstances: can you have a piece of real Godly wisdom by only doing one or two of these things?
- 💡What does this mean to our approach to Godly wisdom?
- ⚡️How can you be aware of all of God when you are not perfected yet?
- ⚡️What if we could just do two things? Yield completely to God in Faith (verticale) and have Charity towards those around use (horizontal)?
How can we possibly measure up to the All in All?
- 📚How can we have all the attributes of Charity or all the attributes needed for godly wisdom?
- 📚When faced with challenges in your own shortcomings how do you continue to strive towards Christ?
- 💡Real wisdom is not a finite set of discrete things, and ministering in real wisdom cannot be done through a finite checklist of attributes. Ministry with real Godly wisdom requires us to move past the discrete items that our mind can comprehend, and operate supernaturally in the totality of God’s wisdom, His entire Spectrum. Can we do this in our present state?
- 💡Why would it be important for a Christian Ministry and godly wisdom, to be operating with the spirit of God active and immediate in their life?
- 💡Where can we get a direct infusion to the Love of God (charity)? or how is the Love of God put into our hearts?
- ⚡️If we yield to God in faith, what role does grace play in the working of wisdom in our lives?
- ⚡️What is the advantage of focusing on doing only two things?
End of Semister Party.