Pray together for the group meeting, and any pressing needs within the group.
Each week you’ll spend some time reviewing the previous week’s lesson. Did anything happen last week that brought the lesson to mind, and what did you learn from it?
Watch the following discussion-starter video. It’ll set the topic of discussion for the group.
Read: Acts 9:32-42
- One person will first read the scripture selection in the King James Version.
- Next, another person will read the same passages in a modern language or amplified version for more clarity such as the New Living Translation (NLT), Message Bible (MSG), New English Translation (NET), Amplified Bible (AMP), etc. We recommend using the YouVersion Bible app.
- One person will begin retelling the scripture passage in their own words (a new person to start each week is great!) Then…
- As a group, work together to fill in gaps and build the story. This will help us internalize and own it. Be sure everyone participates.
Together, share around the group how the topic and scripture setting applies to your life personally. Here are some thoughts to consider for discussion… don’t let the discussion stop here, though… what questions can you ask that will help uncover God’s message?
Miracles in Lydda and Joppa
- Why was Peter traveling?
- Who did Peter meet in Lydda?
- How did Peter going to Joppa relate to his overall purpose for traveling?
- How does our purpose determine the places we go?
- What was the miracle Peter performed in Lydda?
- How long had Aeneas been paralyzed before he received his healing?
- What were the instructions Peter gave to Aeneas?
- What was significant about Aeneas’ response to Peter’s instructions?
- What miracle did Peter perform in Joppa?
- How were those that knew Tabitha impacted by her life?
- Who witnessed Tabitha’s miracle?
- What was significant about the widows witnessing the miracle in Joppa?
- By what authority did Peter have the power to perform miracles?
- What was the impact on those who witnessed the miracles in Lydda and Joppa?
- How far does the news of these miracles spread ?
- Can miracles be performed without the power of Jesus Christ?
Experiencing the Miraculous
- What role does faith play in experiencing miracles?
- What role does love play in experiencing the miraculous in our lives?
- How can fear limit our ability to see miracles happen?
- How can the passage of time diminish our faith that a specific miracle will happen?
- What miracles have you experienced in your life?
- Describe a time when hearing about someone else’s miracle strengthened your faith in God
- What can we do to position ourselves to experience God’s miraculous power in our lives?
Unstoppable Reward Acts 10:1-8